Atlas Network works to strengthen the worldwide freedom movement by providing support and training to a network of 450+ independent, pro-liberty organizations in more than 90 countries throughout the world.
Atlas Network seeks a Director of Development to grow the amount of financial resources devoted to advancing the Atlas Network mission, and to diversify the donor base to provide the organization with continued and growing long-term stability.
He or she will supervise a team of direct reports, and coordinate the efforts of members of Atlas Network’s senior management who play key roles in raising support for the organization.
Ideal candidates for the position will excel in analyzing results, prioritizing opportunities, and effectively managing team members to achieve goals. For example, we value experience in running a direct mail program, getting meetings with foundation representatives, and developing strategies to upgrade mid-level donors over comfort in making donor visits.
Areas of responsibility:
- Plan strategies for meeting budgeted goals regarding overall revenue for the organization
- Track progress toward these goals, and provide reports and analysis as needed to the CEO and the Board
- Oversee our processes regarding proposals (and subsequent reporting) to significant donors
- Oversee prospect mail strategies (and other means by which we identify and solicit new donors)
- Oversee processes relating to our donor database, tracking gifts, and reconciling with accounting systems
- Work with Communications department to optimize relevant products to achieve development goals
- Ensure legal compliance for making donor solicitations
- Ensure compliance with external nonprofit reviewers (e.g., Charity Navigator)
An ideal candidate will bring:
- Experience – more than 5 years experience in a development capacity with a non-profit, and at least 3 years of management experience
- Passion – for the organization’s mission, knowledge of the cause of liberty, and high level of interest in international affairs
- Relevant Skills –being highly-organized (able to keep in mind the “big picture” while also showing attention to detail) and an eye for numbers and strategic growth
- Optimism – we love having “can do” attitudes in the office
- Knowledge of Salesforce (our current database)
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your sincere interest in this position and the mission of the organization, and b) your salary requirements
Materials should be emailed to Claire Kittle, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.
Recruiters may not apply.