Atlas Network (atlasnetwork.org) seeks an Editor to develop rich, compelling content for our audiences in the U.S. and worldwide.
Atlas Network exists to grow and strengthen the worldwide freedom movement. Atlas Network serves a global network of independent think tanks that advance the ideas of individual liberty, economic freedom, and the rule of law under limited government. Atlas Network nurtures and collaborates with more than 400 partners in over 80 countries in order to create a future more conducive to liberty.
The Editor should have a portfolio of proven success that covers these four key components: content curation, content editing, copy editing, writing. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
-Commission and edit pieces that illuminate hot policy issues with the analysis and expertise of individuals connected to the international Atlas Network.
- Monitor global news related to advancing liberty in order to identify topics of broad public interest and the authors to write on these topics.
- Content edit news and analysis.
- Copy edit news and analysis.
- Curate additional editorial content from Atlas Network’s 480 partners.
- Write news updates about our partners’ initiatives.
-Oversee processes vital to Atlas Network communications team, by which Atlas Network will:
- Commission or encourage partners to translate and republish target articles.
- Operate according to an editorial calendar for email, web, social media.
- Ensure that the Atlas Network brand and its partners are represented with consistent and engaging messaging.
- Use various metrics, data and analytics tools to analyze and report the effectiveness of the editorial content.
-Author occasional bylined content.
-Support the production of a regular print publication.
Ideal qualifications include
A sophisticated understanding of the ideas of liberty at the heart of the Atlas Network mission, and international cultural literacy.
Have a strong understanding of international news trends and best-practices.
Have a strong aptitude for what is engaging and relevant to a variety of audiences.
Be highly organized and efficient with strong attention to detail.
Have the ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks independently and in a timely manner.
Have an optimistic, can-do approach with a positive demeanor and energy.
Have strong communication skills.
Embrace an entrepreneurial approach.
3-5+ years experience in news, analysis, features, opinion.
Strong grasp of social media trends related to news and analysis.
Sense of urgency.
Demonstrated history of being results and analytics focused.
Excellent content editing skills.
Demonstrated excellence in one of the more popular style guides, such as AP, Reuters, Oxford.
Strong relationship building and project management skills.
Preferred, but not required: Knowledge of other languages
To Apply: To apply for this position, please send the following to Daniel Anthony at Daniel.Anthony@AtlasNetwork.org: resume, cover letter, and writing samples to include: 1) sample of bylined content, 2) sample of content editing with relevant notes, 3) sample of copy editing with relevant notes.
Recruiters may not apply.