In the battle of ideas, the challenge for think tanks and specifically for policy analysts is to effectively develop and promote our ideas.
This workshop is focused on equipping policy researchers and analysts with the tools and frameworks they need to effectively conduct research that can hold up to scrutiny and also most effectively translate correct principles into current policy solutions.
Further, this workshop will also help policy staff think through how to best “sell” their research ideas to donors and other key audiences (from like-minded individuals to government officials) in the most impactful way.
- Where: Washington, D.C.
- When: November 28 to November 29, 2018
- Application Deadline: November 6, 2018
- Cost: Atlas Network will cover the shared lodging (for non-DC based attendees) plus all training materials, registration and meals on the 28th and 29th. Participants are expected to cover their own travel costs.
- ALA Credits: 2 Credits
Who Will Benefit
- Policy researchers (2-5 years of work experience)
- New think tank leaders
- Fundraising staff
What You’ll Learn
- Policy research framework
- Policy research best practices and tools
- Meaning-based marketing messaging
- Fundraising fundamentals for research projects
- New methods to conduct research and to analyze policy issues
- An improved understanding of how to effectively communicate the value of your research to donors
- A plan to translate your research into impactful messages that can effectively influence your target audiences
- A new network of friends and colleagues across the freedom movement