Open Europe Berlin and the British Chamber of Commerce in Germany invite you cordially to the BCCG Political Event “The In/Out Question: Why Britain should stay in the EU and fight to make it better”
Presentation and Panel Discussion
• Hugo Dixon is a British journalist and entrepreneur. He edited the Lex Column at the Financial Times, founded Breakingviews and is now Editor-at-Large of Reuters News, and weekly commentator for the international edition of the New York Times. He will present his latest book “The In/Out Question: Why Britain should stay in the EU and fight to make it better”.
If David Cameron stays as Prime Minister after the UK elections there will be an in-or-out referendum in 2017. Large parts of the UK public seem willing to leave the EU. What are the economic / political reasons for staying in the EU or for leaving? What could be the alternatives? Which reforms could help the UK to stay in – and make the EU a better place for all?
These questions will be addressed by Hugo Dixon and discussed on a panel with:
• Stephan Mayer, Member of the German Bundestag, spokesman on internal affairs for the CDU/CSU parliamentary group in the Bundestag and chairman of the British-German Parliamentary Group in the German Bundestag
• David Charter, Berlin correspondent of The Times and author of "Europe: In or Out?" and “Au Revoir, Europe: What If Britain Left The EU?”
• Mariano Davies, President & CEO, British Chamber of Commerce in Denmark
• Moderation: Prof. Dr. Michael Wohlgemuth, Director, Open Europe Berlin gGmbH
There is a small administrative fee payable prior to the event: BCCG Members: € 15. Guests: € 20.