APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 1
Questions? Contact Us
ALERT: Atlas Network is excited to announce that it has launched a new applications portal where organizations can apply for grants. When you click "Apply," you'll be directed to a page where you will be asked to create an account in the applications portal before you are able to submit an application for this grant opportunity. Direct any questions to Casey.Pifer@AtlasNetwork.org.
The world is witnessing an authoritarian populist surge. Our challenge is not only to promote free markets, but also to counter a global movement led by people who actively reject the ideas of liberty.
Atlas Network invites its partners to participate in the Illiberalism Grant Program. This program is designed to help our partners who are working to combat the new authoritarianism and stop the rise of illiberal statist sentiment.
Successful proposals will be those that demonstrate sophisticated, wide-reaching strategies to counter illiberal statist ideas and policies that usually manifest in the form of:
- Constitutional reforms designed to increase state control of the media, the electoral process, and the court system.
- Policies that reduce the independence of the judiciary.
- Weakening of the institutional framework of independent authorities.
- Use of tax authorities to target perceived political opponents.
- Polemic rhetoric and policies that oppose free-trade, globalization, and promote economic nationalism.
- Propaganda that blames economic and other problems on disfavored minorities, including religious, ethnic, sexual, racial, regional, and other minorities, and targets them for retaliation or exclusion from the nation.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Atlas Network is not endowed and accepts no government funding, so its capacity to give is restricted by its own fundraising success. Support is typically awarded in amounts less than $10,000, and rarely exceeds $20,000.
Questions? Contact Elisa.Bishop@AtlasNetwork.org.