LIBERTY FORUM AND FREEDOM DINNER, NOV. 7-8 – INSPIRATIONAL INT’L FREEDOM EVENT IN NYC WITH DANIEL HANNAN, PETER J. BOETTKE, AND TEMPLETON FREEDOM AWARD ANNOUNCEMENT, LIVE TAPING OF ECONTALK PODCAST, THINK TANK SHARK TANK COMPETITION, AND SO MUCH MORE!
Meet the international faces of freedom at this year’s Liberty Forum & Freedom Dinner. More than 70 speakers and 700 participants will come together in New York City, Nov 7-8, for the most inspirational international liberty event of the year. And more than $300,000 in awards will be given to the winners of the prestigious Templeton Freedom Award; Smith Student Outreach Award; Think Tank Shark Tank Competition; Lights, Camera, Liberty! Film Festival; Leveraging Indices for Free Enterprise Award; and the John Blundell Elevator Pitch Competition. Additionally, the event will feature hands-on workshops, a Crowdsource Liberty session that solicits expert knowledge and feedback in workshopping projects, and timely panels on poverty alleviation, populism, the role of think tanks in society, grassroots mobilization, and effective messaging and storytelling.
Members of media welcome, but require advance registration with Daniel Anthony, Atlas Network’s vice president of marketing and communications.
What: Atlas Network’s Liberty Forum & Freedom Dinner and $100,000 Templeton Freedom Award announcement
When: Nov. 7-8, 2017
Where: Liberty Forum: Crowne Plaza Times Square Hotel, 1605 Broadway, New York City (Broadway and W. 48th St.) and Freedom Dinner closing ceremony: Capitale, 130 Bowery, New York City (Bowery and Grand St.)
Press Contact: Daniel Anthony, Daniel.Anthony@AtlasNetwork.org or 202-449-8441
How: To attend or arrange for interviews, you must contact Daniel Anthony in advance at Daniel.Anthony@AtlasNetwork.org or 202-449-8441
Liberty Forum and Freedom Dinner Highlights include:
- Freedom Dinner featured speaker: Daniel Hannan, who spent 17 years as a Member of the European Parliament and is the author of nine books, including New York Times bestseller Inventing Freedom: How the English-Speaking Peoples Made the Modern World and Sunday Times bestseller Vote Leave. His latest book is What Next: How to get the best from Brexit.
- Fifth Annual Liggio Lecture by Peter J. Boettke, University Professor of Economics and Philosophy at George Mason University and Director of the F.A. Hayek Program for Advanced Study in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at the Mercatus Center.
- Atlas Leadership Academy's Think Tank Shark Tank $25,000 competition, sponsored by the Smith Family Foundation.
Announcement of the $100,000 Templeton Freedom Award:
Awarded since 2004, the Templeton Freedom Award is named for the late investor and philanthropist Sir John Templeton. The award annually honors his legacy by identifying and recognizing the most exceptional and innovative contributions to the understanding of free enterprise, and the public policies that encourage prosperity, innovation, and human fulfillment via free competition. The award is generously supported by Templeton Religion Trust and will be presented during Atlas Network’s Liberty Forum & Freedom Dinner closing ceremony. The winning organization will receive a $100,000 prize and the runners-up will receive $25,000.
The 2017 Templeton Freedom Award finalists are:
- The Beacon Center of Tennessee (Nashville, Tenn.), for its Tackle the Hall Tax campaign, which culminated in a full repeal of the Hall Tax, making Tennessee only the second state in history to repeal an income tax
- The Georgia Center for Opportunity (Norcross, Ga.), for its Prisoner Reentry Initiative, which is helping to enhance opportunities for former inmates to reintegrate into society
- IMANI Center for Policy and Education (Accra, Ghana), for its IMANIFesto campaign, which estimated the costs and rated the feasibility of all campaign promises made by Ghana’s political parties and forced the country’s political parties to attempt to justify many of their unrealistic plans to the public
- Instituto de Estudos Empresariais (Porto Alegre, Brazil), for its Fórum da Liberdade event, which has been described as “the Super Bowl of liberalism”
- Instituto Mexicano para la Competitividad (Mexico City, Mexico), for its Anticorruption Reform Initiative for Mexico, “3for3,” which resulted in a new federal law requiring every politician to publish his or her declarations of assets, taxes paid, and possible conflicts of interest
- Macdonald-Laurier Institute for Public Policy (Ottawa, Canada), for its Aboriginal Canada and the Natural Resource Economy project, which is making the case that Indigenous engagement in the booming Canadian resource economy provides a once-in-a-century opportunity to set right the fundamental inequalities within Canadian life
About Atlas Network
Washington-based, Atlas Network is a nonprofit organization which strengthens the worldwide freedom movement by connecting 480 independent partners in 90 countries that share the vision of a free, prosperous, and peaceful world where limited governments defend the rule of law, private property, and free markets. To learn more, visit: atlasnetwork.org