Atlas Network’s Leader Lab is a hands-on leadership development workshop designed to equip new think tank managers with an understanding of best practices across essential functions of a think tank or advocacy group. These functions include research, operations, communications, coalitions, fundraising, and management. Participants will focus on how they can become more effective managers and leaders at their respective organizations. The culmination of the 3-day program is the participation in business plan and elevator pitch competitions where participants work individually and in teams and are mentored and coached by senior leaders from other leading think tanks.
Note: Individuals participating in Leader Lab must complete Think Tank Basics before arriving in Philadelphia.
Cost: Atlas Network will cover shared lodging and meals plus all training materials and registration for the workshop as well as for Atlas Network’s Liberty Forum & Freedom Dinner. Participants are expected to cover their own travel costs. Atlas Network will provide transportation to New York for Liberty Forum & Freedom Dinner.
Atlas Leadership Academy Credits: 3
Who will benefit from this course?
- New managers
- New management staff at established think tanks
- Mid-level staff at established think tanks looking to grow management capability
What you’ll learn:
- Best practices in policy research, operations, communications, coalitions, and fundraising
- Strategic planning and project management basics
- Human resources/people management skills
You’ll leave this training with:
- A global network of colleagues from successful think tanks
- Knowledge of think tank best practices
- Understanding how to effectively manage a team