Associate Director, Programming (Speaker Liaison and Agenda Logistics, Events),
Atlas Network, Arlington, VA
Atlas Network’s events department plans and executes five conferences on five different continents each year. This is in addition to coordinating the logistics and providing on-site support for Atlas Network in-person training and fundraising events that occur throughout the year in the United States and around the world. The Associate Director will be responsible for many core functions within the Atlas Network Events department.
The Associate Director will be responsible for important operations within the department, including:
● Strategy formulation and execution for flagship events programs: Regional Liberty Forums (RLFs) and Liberty Forum and Freedom (LFFD) dinner, as well as, other events as identified.
● Project Management & Team Leadership for RLFs and LFFD
● Program Development and Speaker Management Lead.
● Site selections.
● Project Management Lead for all four (4) Regional Centers events.
● Project Management lead for Training & Events.
● Lead Event Branding and Program Promotions.
● Database management.
● Internal reporting and feedback.
● Work closely with Training, Institute Relations and Donor relations teams.
Requirements and Critical Candidate Attributes
● 5-7 years work experience (preferred in the freedom movement) with experience in speaker cultivation and coaching, event planning, logistics, hospitality, and marketing.
● Proven track record of coaching high profile speakers.
● Strong project and time management skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate across multiple teams, internally and externally.
● Comfortable adjusting to change.
● Highly organized.
● Proven ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
● Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
● Comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
● Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
● Under most conditions this position requires regular work hours, but candidates should be comfortable working flexible hours when needed on-site or on-call for an event.
It is preferred that this position will work from the Arlington, VA office. Given current COVID-19 conditions, employees may work from home or in the office. Remote applicants will be considered. Remote applicants applying from time zones other than Eastern Time Zone must be willing to adjust their work hours to accommodate the headquarters work hours that are in the Eastern Time Zone. The role is only open to individuals authorized to work in the United States.
Email resume and cover letter in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.