About Atlas Network:
Atlas Network advances opportunity and prosperity by strengthening a global network of independent civil society organizations that promote individual freedom and remove barriers to human flourishing. We cultivate a network of 500+ partners in nearly 100 different countries that share a vision of a free, prosperous, and peaceful world where the rule of law, private property, and free markets are defended by governments whose powers are limited.
Atlas Network is seeking a Development Associate to help our fundraising team. This position will report directly to the Associate Director of Development and work closely with other departments to support the organization’s fundraising efforts. The Development Associate will be an integral part of Atlas Network’s development department, assisting with various day-to-day activities and maintaining the integrity of our internal records and database. This position provides the opportunity to work on several high-priority projects and interact with key stakeholders, including donors, board members, and senior leadership. The ideal candidate must be organized, have excellent written and spoken communication skills, attention to detail, ability to meet tight deadlines, and an affinity for Atlas Network’s mission.
● Assist the Associate Director of Development in managing the donor database (Salesforce), processing donations, preparing acknowledgements and troubleshooting issues.
● Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the database by ensuring all information is kept current and up-to-date.
● Responsible for administrative duties such as data entry, donor communications and scheduling meetings.
● Conduct research as needed for current and prospective donors.
● Provide support to the Associate Director of Development for fundraising events, mailings, and other projects.
● Associate or Bachelor's degree
● Prior working experience in a non-profit organization or an administrative position is preferred.
● Proficiency with Excel and other programs in Microsoft Suite. Experience with CRM databases like Salesforce, is strongly preferred, but not required.
● Demonstrates initiative and motivation.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a professional demeanor, in person, on the phone or via email.
● Ability to organize and prioritize tasks across multiple projects.
● Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
● Data and deadline driven, with attention to detail.
● Interest in Atlas Network’s mission and international issues.
● A positive attitude!
Preference will be given for candidates that live within the DC Metro area. We will not be considering international applicants.
This position is located in Arlington, VA near the Ballston Metro Station. This position is full-time and in person with an option for a hybrid schedule. As a global organization, some domestic and international travel may be required. Atlas Network provides a competitive benefits package that includes three weeks of paid time off, retirement plan with employer match, and health insurance. To apply, please email resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.