Atlas Network seeks a Vice President of Development to enhance our existing fundraising operations and facilitate dramatic growth in Atlas Network’s programs. This a new position that will complement strengths built in recent years while the Atlas Network budget has doubled from $6 million in 2010 to more than $12 million in 2016.
The Vice President of Development will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Oversee all fundraising efforts and set strategic direction of Atlas Network’s fundraising operations
- Work closely with others on the senior team (CEO, COO, and the Director of Development) to develop and implement the fundraising strategy.
- Oversee an ambitious fundraising/capital/capacity campaign to increase Atlas Network revenue from $12m to $20m in a four- to five-year period.
- Plan and implement new development campaigns
- Identify, cultivate, and make asks of philanthropists capable of making six-figure gifts
- Work with Atlas Network senior leadership to craft high caliber messaging and marketing materials, and to deliver that message to key supporter audiences
- Work with the Director of Development to manage fundraising staff, and coordinate fundraising efforts of senior officers
- 10+ years of fundraising experience
- Existing donor relationships that might be leveraged to expand the Atlas Network donor base
- Demonstrated success in large-scale fundraising campaigns
- Experience with planned giving solicitation and stewardship
- Passion for the organization’s mission, knowledge of the cause of liberty, and high level of interest in international affairs as well as those in the U.S.
- Optimism; Atlas Network has a “can do” culture
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- Cover letter explaining your salary requirements and your philosophical interest in this position
Please include “Vice President of Development, Atlas Network – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon, executive director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Recruiters may not apply.