You joined the liberty movement to work on some of the world’s biggest challenges. And there’s no bigger challenge than helping to secure people’s freedom and prosperity: freedom to make choices that are best for the individual and their families and prosperity to lift people out of poverty. That is where Atlas Network comes in. We want a free, prosperous, and peaceful world. One where limited governments defend the rule of law, private property, and free markets.
If you have a passion, desire, and talent for fundraising, you could join this effort as Atlas Network’s Director of Training and take ownership of stewarding and expanding our relationships with charitable foundations and corporate supporters.
Roles & Responsibilities
Lead and manage the growth of Atlas Network’s Leadership Academy, a series of online and on-the-ground training opportunities for Atlas Network’s 480+ partners in 90+ countries including research and advocacy organizations and academic centers. Visit AtlasNetwork.org/ALA for a catalog of courses. With a professional staff of two on your team to assist you:
- Prepare, organize, and host all courses
- Measure and evaluate results of all courses
- Identify partner needs and develop new and improved courses and course content continually
- Successfully engage a network of teachers, mentors, trainers, and consultants
- Successfully manage a $1m+ annual budget optimizing resources with full accountability
- Optimize the talents of your team supporting their success and contribution to the cause
- Work cheerfully and cooperatively with multiple departments including marketing, communications, events, and institute relations
- Provide high level of support to fundraising team in terms of reporting to donors, communicating with donors, and preparing proposals and other content
- Travel internationally to manage or oversee training on five continents (15-20% of your time)
The ideal candidate will have a track record of:
- A sophisticated understanding of the ideas of freedom at the heart of Atlas Network's mission and knowledge of nonprofit management best practices
- Professional experience and credentials in training, adult education, and/or group learning
- Strong international cultural literacy
- Highly organized and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Strong writing performance, particularly grant writing
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Setting and achieving ambitious goals
- An entrepreneurial mindset focused on constant improvement and growth
Atlas Network is based in Washington, D.C., but will relocate to the Ballston area of Arlington, Va, in June 2018 with easy access to Orange and Silver lines.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter explaining why and how you would excel as Atlas Network’s Director of Training
- Writing Sample
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Matt Warner, Atlas Network’s Chief Operating Officer, at Matt.Warner@AtlasNetwork.org with subject line: Director of Training
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
We’re currently only soliciting candidates authorized to work in the U.S. at this time.
Recruiters may not apply.