Atlas Network is a nonprofit organization connecting a global network of more than 450 free-market organizations in nearly 100 countries to the ideas and resources needed to advance the cause of liberty.
Atlas Network seeks a Controller to enhance its existing finance operations and facilitate dramatic growth in Atlas Network’s programs. This a new position that will complement strengths built in recent years while the Atlas Network budget has doubled from $6 million in 2010 to more than $12 million in 2016.
The Controller will be responsible for management of all finance, accounting, and reporting activities. Duties include:
- Manage all day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting functions, including but not limited to accounts payable, cash receipts, accounts receivable, and credit card management
- Manage monthly and annual close calendar and ensure execution of timely and accurate financial statements (i.e. review and post journal entries, maintain general ledger and reconciliations, and perform financial statement and budget analysis)
- Work closely with Atlas Network Administration team, Development and COO, assisting with developing budgets for project-specific grant requests and with tracking and reporting on grant related expenditures; oversee reporting and reconciling all contributions, including temporarily and time restricted net assets, planned gifts, matching grants, and pledge receivables
- Serve as liaison with independent auditors and assist in preparation of annual financial statements, and 990 federal tax return
- Maintain integrity of chart of accounts, class, location and project codes, and all financial systems
- Manage corporate filings, property tax return filings, and all state sales tax exemptions
- Develop, and assist in enforcement of, accounting controls, policies and procedures, and implement best practices
- Work closely with the Director of Administration and COO to help provide seamless back-office support services for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field; CPA preferred
- Five to seven years relevant experience; minimum of three years in 501(c)(3) non-profit accounting preferred
- Knowledge of accounting best practices and procedures, including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel; experience with Intacct, Salesforce, Box, Anybill and Expensify a plus
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- Cover letter explaining your salary requirements and your philosophical interest in this position
Please include “Controller, Atlas Network – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Matt Warner, Chief Operations Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Recruiters may not apply.