Each year, Atlas Network hosts regional liberty forums in cooperation with local organizing partners. The purpose of these events is to support partner organizations in their desires to learn more from each other and to accelerate the sharing of best practices through training and friendly competition by region. Any partners interested in serving as a local organizer in 2018 can complete this online inquiry.
The forums, new in 2016, also celebrate successful partner projects with a new regional awards program. Those awards join a competitive suite offered by Atlas Network including the annual Templeton Freedom Award that is announced at Atlas Network's gala Freedom Dinner following its global Liberty Forum.
September 21 - 22
Atlas Network's Europe Liberty Forum 2017 co-hosted by Free Market Foundation in Budapest, Hungary.
February 10 - 11
Atlas Network's 2018 Asia Liberty Forum in Jakarta, Indonesia co-hosted by the Center for Indonesian Policy Studies.
Please continue to check back for more information on any upcoming Regional Liberty Forums.
Atlas Network thanks Smith Family Foundation and John Templeton Foundation for launching and growing our agenda of Regional Liberty Forums.
Asia Liberty Forum 2017 - India, co-hosted by the Centre for Civil Society
Asia Regional Liberty Award winner:
Asia Think Tank Shark Tank Award winner:
Giancarlo Ibárgüen Freedom Award winner:
Juan Carlos Cachanosky Award for Dissemination of the Principles of a Free Society winner:
Miguel Kast Award for Free-Market Solutions to Poverty winner:
- Fundación Eléutera for its substantial success in reforming tax and business regulations in Honduras.
Francisco de Vitoria Award for Ethics and Values winner:
- CEDICE Freedom for its Watchdog for Freedom and Democracy in Venezuela project.
Latin America Think Tank Shark Tank winner:
- Jorge Colindres, legal director for Fundación Eléutera in Honduras, won for his “Access to Justice for All” project pitch.
Africa Liberty Forum 2017 - South Africa, co-hosted by Free Market Foundation
2017 Africa Liberty Award winner:
2017 Africa Think Tank Shark Tank winner:
- Libertad y Progreso in Argentina for its “Crash Courses in Liberty” (Aprender Volando) video series (Juan Carlos Cachanosky Award for Dissemination of Free Society Principles)
- Instituto Res Publica in Chile for its “Education for Chile” (Educación para Chile) program (Miguel Kast Award for Free-Market Solutions to Poverty
- Instituto de Pensamiento Estratégico Ágora A.C. (Agora Institute for Strategic Thinking) in Mexico for its “No More Taxes!” (#Nomásimpuestos) campaign (Francisco de Vitoria Award for Ethics and Values)
- Samriddhi in Nepal for its Econ-ity project
Europe Liberty Forum 2016 — United Kingdom, co-hosted by Institute of Economic Affairs
- Centre for Justice (Centrum för rättvisa) in Sweden for its “Litigating for Individual Liberty and Fundamental Rights” project: “The Nordic Individual Rights Revolution”
Africa Liberty Forum 2016 — Ghana, co-hosted by IMANI Center for Policy and Education
- Chevauchee Foundation, in Namibia for its “Namibia Schools Reading and Debating Societies” program